Refugee Assistance & Immigration Services (RAIS) provides a bridge for refugees (individuals who have had to flee their countries of origin due to the tragedies of persecution and war) from their former life experiences to the new skills required for success in the United States. Through a focus on economic self-sufficiency, community integration, and a respect for unique cultures, history and traditions, RAIS creates an environment of compassion and encouragement for refugees to flourish.
- RAIS provided services to 460 clients.
- 50 clients were assisted in securing employment with an average starting wage of $13.78.
- 88% of clients who started new jobs held those jobs for more than 90 days.
By providing comprehensive, culturally sensitive case management to assist our clients in learning about the U.S., RAIS seeks to encourage self-sufficiency through early employment.
- Reception & Placement (for newly arrived refugees)
- Case Management
- Education & Employment Services
- Health Promotion
- Refugee Agricultural Partnership Program
RAIS Immigration Services
- RAIS Client Green Cards
- Citizenship Application
- Refugee Family Reunification
- At this time immigration services can only be provided to refugee clients
RAIS in the Media
Listen to a panel of RAIS refugees describe their experience of resettling in Alaska in their own words. For more stories of impact, check out our media coverage.