Thank you for your interest in volunteering for your community! Our needs are constantly evolving, so please check back often if you don’t find an opening you’re looking for today. If you have more questions, please reach out to David Trenor, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com 907-222-7330
Looking to volunteer as a group? We also have group volunteer opportunities available. If you and your company, parish, or other organization would like to give back through service, please reach out to Molly Cornish, Community Engagement Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-310-7190.
Getting Started as a Volunteer
The first step in volunteering with Catholic Social Services programs is to find a current opening listed below. From there, we ask you to download and review the following resources:
- Volunteer Handbook. We ask that you review the Volunteer Handbook. This will help you gain a better understanding of CSS and your volunteer work.
- Media Release Form. We ask that all new volunteers complete this media release form when beginning their services with CSS. You can bring it with you on your first day or complete when you arrive.
- Covid Volunteer Policy. Right now, all volunteers must agree to and sign the Covid Volunteer Policy. You may print out and sign and bring with you on your first day of service or complete when you arrive.
When you’re ready, please complete our online volunteer application. You can also fill out the application if you’d like to volunteer in the future when a full or suspended position becomes available again.
Bundle of Joy Assistant
Bundle of Joy is a program that provides an emergency supply of diapers, wipes, and formula. Through the program families are also able to receive clothing, baby toys and other baby items that could be helpful to their family. View Full Position Description.
- Thursdays to bundle the diapers and wipes and do the set up at the front of building from 2:00-4:00 pm
- Fridays for distribution from 10:00 am-12:00 pm and from 12:00pm -2:30pm.
Pack Away Hunger Volunteer
Help pack boxes filled with food. These boxes will be handed out at our Fast Track Pantry. View Full Position Description.
Available Shifts: Varies; Currently need Monday & Wednesday from 2:00-4:00pm
This position will assist St. Francis House Food Pantry staff with data entry of client applications. View Full Position Description.
Available Shifts: In afternoons, times vary
Horticulture with the Medical Respite Department
The volunteer will be assisting with our year-round gardening project both indoors and out and will also engage with guest on gardening projects. View Full Position Description.
Available Shifts: Times vary
Meal Team Providers
Prepare and deliver meals to the women and children residents of Clare House. Meal Team Providers commit to one day per month or every other month. To get current availability and more information on becoming a meal provider please contact Marlana Tuccillo at email@example.com.
- 2nd Thursdays, every ODD month (November, January, March, etc.)
- 3rd Thursdays, every ODD month (November, January, March, etc.)
Full or Suspended Positions
The following positions are currently full or suspended but will be available in the future.
Sit one-on-one Zoom call with a guest and listen to him or her share their story. Learn more and apply online with The Listening Post.
Shifts: Wednesday 1:00 – 3:00 pm, 6:00-7:00pm
Brother Francis Shelter
Refugee Assistance & Immigration Services
If you are interested in helping with refugee agriculture, please contact Keenan Plate, Refugee Agricultural Partnership Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual English Support Volunteer
This position supports individuals and families with English Language Learning through conversations and one on one classes on Zoom. View Full Position Description.