Homeless Family Services (HFS) is a case management program for adults experiencing homelessness and unsheltered families with children. HFS staff work with families and individuals to address challenges they face on their path to permanent stability. The goal of HFS is to connect clients to resources so they can find a place to call home.
In FY22, on average, CSS housed 38% of people exiting homelessness to housing each month in Anchorage.
Support Homeless Family Services
Get Help from Homeless Family Services
Accessing Supportive Family Services:
The best way to connect with Homeless Family Services is through Coordinated Entry.
To be eligible for Homeless Family Services case management, you must be:
- Experiencing homelessness; preference is given to applicants sleeping in a car, camp, or on the street.
- Or be a Veteran who is experiencing, or at-risk of experiencing, homelessness.
Homeless Family Services provides:
- Shelter-Based Case Management to adults and families experiencing homelessness staying at Brother Francis Shelter and Clare House.
- Community-Based Case Management offered by mobile case managers who meet with unsheltered or sheltered families and individuals. These referrals come from coordinated entry.
- Intensive Case Management (ICM) for clients experiencing chronic homelessness who need help obtaining permanent, stable housing, with an emphasis on Rapid Rehousing.
- Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) provides case management for homeless, or at-risk for homelessness, Veterans and their families. By working closely with the VA and other community service providers, SSVF case managers can help veterans move toward secure and permanent housing.
Learn More about Supportive Family Services:
Location: 4600 Debarr Road, Anchorage, AK 99508
Hours: 9am – 5pm
Sr. Director of Homeless Family Services: Mercy Pulou, firstname.lastname@example.org
SSVF Program Director: Kate Weddleton, email@example.com
ICM Director: Jessica Johnson, 907-744-5293, firstname.lastname@example.org
ICM Program Manager: Charity Duley, 907-744-4024, email@example.com