Clare House provides services that address the basic needs of clients entering the emergency shelter program. This includes safe, warm shelter, food, water and other necessities for both moms and their children. While families are transitioning out of survival mode, Clare House offers 24-hour support and case management services to help guide families to permanent stability. This program provides our clients with stability, consistency and a positive support system, which works hand in hand in building trust and self-esteem.
Moms and kids are often in compromised situations sleeping in a car or on the street with no where else to go before they find refuge at Clare House.
Case management services are integral to helping women shift from homelessness to permanent stability.
CSS remains committed to serving our community, and the health of our clients, volunteers, and staff is our top priority. Learn more and stay up-to-date by reading our response to COVID-19.
Facts About Clare House
- Clare House provided 16,496 bed nights in Funding Year 2020.
- During FY 2020, Clare House served 245 unduplicated women and children
- About 60% of the participants in shelter are children
- The Clare House “Meal Team” donates dinner 365 days a year
- Clare House has an Emergency Shelter and Transitional Housing Program in one facility
- Throughout FY 2020 and FY2021, Clare House has continued to constantly adapt to the Covid-19 pandemic, providing services and shelter despite immense challenges.
Progressive Housing Program
As part of our continuous effort to find solutions for women with children experiencing homelessness, Clare House offers a ladder up progressive housing program. Families pay a reduced rate for rent and stay for up to two years while they work towards permeant stability. Participants save funds as case managers help them create a housing stabilization plan so that they may soon find permanent housing.
Do you need emergency shelter?
Contact Clare House
Location: 4110 Spenard Road, Anchorage, AK 99517 (Map It)
Hours: 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
Phone: 907-563-4545 (front desk)
Sharese Hughes, Program Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clare House program brochure
- ASD Child in Transition Program
- AWAIC Shelter – Abused Women’s Aid in Crisis
- Anchorage Coalition to End Homelessness
- 211 – Rent and Utility Assistance/Referral System
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Cook Inlet Housing Authority
- Cook Inlet Native Head Start
- Lutheran Social Services Alaska