Clare House is an emergency shelter for women with children and expectant mothers. Clare House provides services that address the needs of clients entering the program. This includes safe, warm shelter, meals, and other necessities for both moms and their children. While families are staying at the shelter, Clare House offers 24-hour support and case management services to help guide families to permanent stability.
During FY22, Clare House provided shelter to 286 women and children and volunteers provided home-cooked meals for the guests at Clare House each day of the year, totaling 64,026 meals in FY22.
Get Help from Clare House
To inquire about staying at Clare House, call 907-563-4545.
To stay at Clare House, you must be:
- The female head of your household and 18 years or older with:
- a child or children under the age of 18
- a dependent adult child up to the age of 21 (proof of guardianship required)
- a pregnancy
- Experiencing homelessness; preference is given to applicants sleeping in a car, camp, or on the street
- Able to provide proof of guardianship for children in your care
- Able to provide photo ID
- Not registered as a sex offender in any state
Clare House provides:
- Basic guest services–safe, warm shelter, food, water and other necessities for both moms and their children, as well as 24-hour support
- Case Management–personalized help for clients in making and reaching goals to get back on their feet