In Alaska, 1 in 7 adults and 1 in 6 children experience hunger daily. Join us in fighting hunger insecurity in Anchorage!
At Catholic Social Services, St. Francis House Food Pantry helps those in need receive food, distributing over 12,000 lbs. to over 300 families a week. The need of our community is greater than ever before, and that’s why we are challenging you to help us meet our 40,000-pound food goal.
The 40 Days Food Drive
During this season of Lent, as we think of our neighbors and reflect on our blessings, we are asking you for your help in meeting the need. Please help us gather 40,000 lbs of food for St. Francis House Food Pantry during the 40 days of Lent, February 17 – April 3.
- Your group can participate as part of the competition or, if you would not like to take part, you are still welcome to drop off donations any time! Your donation will still be counted toward the total amount of food donated during Lent.
- Each donation that is dropped off will be weighed and tracked. We will be tracking each groups’ progress and reporting weekly through social media and parish announcements , so look out for our posts!
- Please reach out to Katie Gordon at email@example.com to alert us that your group is participating so we can keep track of your group’s donations!
- The winning group that donates the most over Lent receives a shoutout on social media, Parish Announcements, and the Catholic Social Services Summer Newsletter.
What to Donate
The food items that are needed most at the food pantry are:
- Breakfast foods
- Pasta & rice
- Dry & canned proteins
- Canned or fresh vegetables
- Canned or fresh fruit
Drop Off Your Donations
Donations can be dropped off at 3710 E 20th Ave, Monday-Friday 9-4pm. Make sure you tell staff that you’re donating on behalf of your organization for the Lent Food Drive so that the weight will be properly recorded. We will give you an in-kind slip before you leave.