Wayne Pichon CSS PSA from weak Films AK on Vimeo.

As an experienced investment manager in Anchorage, and a donor myself, I feel passionately about giving. If you feel the same way, and are over 70 ½ , a great way to give is through your IRA.

If you are 70 ½ or older, you are required to take distributions from your IRA. These distributions can be  great way to give. Catholic Social Services is a fantastic option for donating these required distributions. Catholic Social Services is recognized by Charity Navigator as a four-star charity, indicating the highest level of financial stability, transparency, and commitment to best practices.

As long as the distribution is paid directly to Catholic Social Services from your IRA administrator, the amount will not be counted in your taxable income for the year, which may result in savings for you.

Learn more here https://www.irs.gov/retirement-plans/retirement-plans-faqs-regarding-required-minimum-distributions or contact Tricia Teasley at 907-222-7355 or tteasley@cssalaska.org Catholic Social Services for more information.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *