If you are considering placing a child in Catholic Social Services’ Charlie Elder House, the information contained on this page will help you make the decision about the services you want your child to have, and will help you understand the care your child receives if he enters the program.
- Initial referrals are made to Catholic Social Services (CSS) through Charlie Elder House. After an application and ALL requested information has been received by Charlie Elder House, an initial interview will be scheduled with the applicant outside of the teen home. This interview is to determine whether the candidate is suitable for the program.
- After a successful interview, the application packet is transferred to AK Child & Family.
- Upon receiving the application packet, AK Child & Family intake will call the applicant and set up an appointment for an assessment to ensure the potential client meets criteria for the program.
- Upon a successful assessment, AK Child & Family will communicate with CSS that potential client meets requirements. At this time, staff from both agencies will contact the potential client for a second interview in Charlie Elder House.
- CSS and AK Child & Family staff will decide whether to continue with the admission process.
- If the client is determined to be a good fit for Charlie Elder House, staff will contact client and communicate admission date, placement on a waiting list, and/or other options for client (if available).
This page will help you make a decision about and understand the services provide at Charlie Elder House.
Attached is a list of some of the questions teens will be asked in the intial interview with the program manager. Please have the youth familiarize themselves with these sample questions.
This letter lists the paperwork needed to apply to Charlie Elder House.
All these forms must be completed in order to consider a youth for the program
- CSS Charlie Elder House Application for Admission
- Application for family information and significant history
- AK Child & Family Referral Application
- Application for services through AK Child & Family
- CSS Release of Information Form
- Gives Catholic Social Services permission to exchange important personal information with other organizations
- AK Child & Family Release of Information Form
- Gives AK Child & Family permission to exchange important personal information with other organizations
- CSS Charlie Elder House Referral Form
- Provides additional information required for admission