Our hearts are with all those who are affected by the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan – both the people fleeing their homes and our military personnel.
According to the White House, the United States has evacuated more than 116,000 people out of Afghanistan since mass evacuations began on August 14, 2021. As part of this effort, our Refugee Assistance and Immigration Services (RAIS) program will be welcoming Afghan evacuees to Alaska. These evacuees will be arriving in Alaska from September to March, fleeing their homeland.
We are honored to welcome these new arrivals to Alaska, but we will need your help to make sure they have everything they need to resettle.
How You Can Help
Thank you for supporting new arrivals! Your gift provides vital relief to our new Alaskan neighbors in a time of great need.
- Donate to our Afghan Relief Fund by selecting “Afghan Relief” from the drop-down menu on the form. If you have any questions about financial gifts, please contact Celeste Earley at email@example.com.
We have had an overwhelming response to volunteer positions to help welcome our newest arrivals, and we are so grateful! We appreciate all the support our community has given.
You can still offer Afghan families a warm welcome and some encouragement! Please send cards and messages of hope to these families who have fled their homes and everything they have known. Cards can be sent to:
Afghan Evacuees c/o CSS
3710 East 20th Ave.
Anchorage, AK 99508
If you have any questions about volunteering, please contact Katie Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or media inquiries, please contact the following:
- For media inquiries, general questions, or more information: Molly Cornish at email@example.com or Tricia Teasley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about volunteering: Katie Gordon at email@example.com
- If you are an evacuee seeking assistance: Lubov Belavtseva-O’Hare at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about in-kind donations: Nick Leone at email@example.com