World Refugee Day is celebrated globally on June 20th. This year, CSS was proud to celebrate World Refugee Week from June 19 through June 26, and we thank everyone who joined us in celebration.
Whether you participated in our virtual community conversations, donated items and handmade cards to welcome new families, contacted your elected officials to express support for refugee resettlement in Alaska, or simply shared our social media posts, we appreciate your support in welcoming refugees here in Alaska, and we invite you to join us again next year!
Until then, consider using the resources below to continue learning about the refugee resettlement process, the positive impact of refugee families in the U.S., and how we can all continue the legacy of welcoming refugees in Alaska and beyond.
- Refugee Assistance & Immigration Services (CSS)
- U.S. Refugee Admissions Process (CSS)
- Resources (Office of Refugee Resettlement)
- Refugee Figures at a Glance (UNHCR)
- The Catholic Church’s long history of resettling refugees in the U.S. (Catholic News Agency)