Refugee Assistance & Immigration Services (RAIS)
Refugee Assistance & Immigration Services (RAIS) provides a bridge for refugees (individuals who have had to flee their countries of origin due to the tragedies of persecution and war) from their former life experiences to the new skills required for success in the United States. The program assists clients in obtaining a lifestyle that has sustainable financial support and in which the family's basic needs are fully met on a long-term basis. RAIS offers a wide range of bilingual and bicultural services including case management, life skills orientation and job readiness classes.
Your Gift Helps!
- $25 will purchase a new pair of shoes for a child getting ready for his or her first day at school.
- $50 will purchase a uniform for an individual preparing for his or her first day of work.
- $100 contribution will purchase groceries to stock a family's kitchen for their first week in the U.S.
Did You Know?
- 122 new refugee and asylee clients throughout Alaska were served in fiscal year 2014.
- During FY 2014, 79% of all employable adults engaged in the program were gainfully employed and 97% of
these retained their initial employment for more than 3 months.
- By the end of their first year in Alaska, on average 86% of the refugee families no longer relied on public assistance.
- We have programs that focus on youth. Take just 2 minutes to watch our soccer & music group in action.
Find Out More
- RAIS Brochure
- Download the RAIS Volunteer Opportunites brochure here.
- UAA Think Tank Featuring RAIS Article
- Community Celebrates Refugee Successes In Anchorage, KTUU, June 2014
- KSKA's "Kids These Days" Podcast August 2011
- Kids who learned soccer in refugee camps team up here, Anchorage Daily News, July 2011
- Client Eligibility Criteria for Resettlement Services
- Description of RAIS Immigration Services
- Client Eligibility Criteria for Older Refugee Services
- List of Donations Needed Updated Summer 2014
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- U.S. Committee for Refugees
- Amnesty International
- CIA World Factbook
- Office of Refugee Resettlement
- United States Council on Catholic Bishops - Migration Refugee Services
- Catholic Legal Immigration Network Inc. (CLINIC)