Brother Francis Shelter
Brother Francis Shelter provides temporary, emergency shelter for men and women, an evening meal, and use of shower and laundry facilities, case management services, advocacy, job readiness, and referrals for employment, permanent housing, mental health issues, and treatment options for alcohol and substance abuse.
Are you looking for a mailing address to send your BFS donation to? Please send to Catholic Social Services Administration Office c/o Development Department at 3710 East 20th Avenue, Anchorage, AK 99508. Thank you!
Your Gift Helps!
- $20 provides one day of guidance & safe shelter for a woman previously sleeping in her car.
- $40 provides 10 all-day bus passes for people to get to and from a job interview or a medical appointment.
- $80 provides a week's worth of cleaning supplies and bleach to keep our shelter guests healthy.
Did You Know?
- Brother Francis Shelter provided 85,058 nights of stay and served 3,356 homeless men and women during fiscal year 2012.
- In one year, 73,755 meals were served. Providence Health & Services Alaska provides the evening meal and community members donate sandwiches for those missing meal times due to an appointment or work schedule conflict.
- The clothing room provided assistance 11,143 times for those seeking basic clothing items. Clean clothes in good condition are needed to help us meet the demand.
Find Out More
Take a virtual tour of the shelter by watching this short video!
- Brother Francis Shelter brochure
- BFS Supply Wish List
- Limited Stay Policy - Revised March 2012
Stories from Shelter Guests
- Young Vet Faces Challenges
- A Long Journey Home
- Staying Focused
- BFS Guest Full of Hope & Purpose
- BFS Guest Vows to Never Be Homeless Again
- Traveling Man Finds A Home
- Former Donor Welcomed As Guest
- Nordstrom's North?
For more information on Brother Francis Shelter, call 907-277-1731 or contact us.
- Anchorage Coalition on Homelessness
- 211 - Human Services Referral System
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation
- Cook Inlet Housing Authority
- BFS quarterly Newsletter